Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fire!

I had a very interesting weekend. There was a small fire in our oven! The night before, one of my roomates made cookies for visiting teaching. Some of the dough spilled over and was never cleaned up. She never told anyone. The next day, i preheated the oven to 450 to bake frozen pizza. I knew it would take awhile to hea up, so i went to my room. A few minutes later i went to check it. The room was all hazy and smelled horrible. i was confused because i hadn't put anything in the oven yet. How could it be burning? I opened up the door and the spill was on fire. It was small enough to be blown out. It made me stat thinking about fire safety. There is only one smoke detector in the apartment and it is halfway down the hallway, no where near the kitchen. There is also no fire extinguisher. College students are notoriously bad cookers, shouldn't there be a smoke detector in the kitchen and a fire extinguisher somewhere in the apartment. Just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment