Thursday, March 12, 2009

My computer is back!

On February 21, my computer started to go crazy on me. I was working on a powerpoint presentaion for my language development class when the colors on the screen started to go tye-dye. then my computer screen just turned black. I shut it down and restarted it and it was fine for like 10 minutes until the exact same thing happened. I restarted it like 3 or 4 times before i gave up. An hour or so later, i tried to use my computer again. this time it wouldn't even let me go on to the log in scree. Instead it went black, then striped, then green. I had to call Dell and they sent me a package in the mail to ship my computer back to be fixed.
When I got the package, there was a paper in it saying i was responsible to back up the hard drive or remove it. It also told me how to remove the hard drive. Because my computer wouldn't even turn on anymore, i could back up my hard drive. So i treied to take it out. The trouble with that was that we had no screw driver. i asked some of the nearby apartments and couldn't find anyone with a screwdriver. So i bought a pack of 5 at the bookstore. The problem with those were that the screws were in so tight and it was too hard to get them out because the handles of the screwdrivers were so small. my thumb was red for three hours after from trying to unloose them. I even had Stratton try.
The next day I went back to the bookstore to buy one with a better handle. The problem with that was it was too big for the tiny screws. I didn't care about any of the documents on my computer, but i didn't want to lose my music or my pctures. But there i was running out of ideas to get the hard drive out. So i sent it with it in and prayed they wouldn't mess it up.
I got my computer back yesterday and everything is still there! I was a very happy camper, until i found out the sound isn't working anymore. Patrick told me he thinks he can tell me how to fix it, so i am not too worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment