Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Busy Bee

I have been so crazy busy this summer! I have been working at my grandmother's two days a week. I am her caregiver. I go to the grocery store for her, pick up her perscriptions at CVS, and take her to doctor's appointments. I also do simple housework, like take care of her cat litter, do the dishes, make her bed ect. The best part is being able to spend time with her. We watch a lot of judge shows. We also watch days of our lives. Haha, i am actually getting into it too.
If my work at wawa and my grandmother's isn't enough, i am starting a nanny job. My mother and the bishop's wife has been visiting a less active member's house, Aruna. She has three children, a 10 year old daughter, Ciera, a 2 year old boy, Logan, and an 8 month old daughter, Alanna. Logan was premature and has severe Cerebal Palsy. Logan is the same size as baby Alanna. Aruna's husband works 4 days a week in New York, so he has a really long comute and isn't home much. My mom took me with her one day so we could help out. Logan loved me for some reason. He won't let my mom or sister bird hold him. And he would bite previous nannies, but he was all smiles with me. So I will be working there two days a week. I am exhausted all the time, but i am happy. I will be even more happy when i cut back my hours at wawa to only two days.
Mondays at Aruna's, Tuesdays at Grandma's, Wednesdays at Aruna's, Thursdays at Wawa, Fridays at Grandma's, and Saturdays at Wawa...Sundays off!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kellyn I found you!
    I didn't realize that you had a blog. It was nice to read about what you have been up to. I think it is way awesome that you are spending time with your grandma. I did that for a while before my grandma died and I have some of my most cherished memories from that time spent with her.
    You sound like you are really keeping busy with work and kind acts of service. I was only able to read the last few postings from you so when I get some time I will have to go back and read all about you :) :) :)

    It was nice meeting you and maybe if you get back to Utah some time we can have you over some more and get to know you better. I was really impressed with you the moment I met you. Just something about your sweet spirit! You are darling and I hope you enjoy your summer. Remember to take some time to have FUN!

    The missionary challenge was an awesome idea. I'll need to try it with my kids and grandkids someday soon. great idea!

    Take care and tell your family hi!
    love,
    Aunt "T"

    ReplyDelete