Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valetine's Day

As most of you probably know, Patrick and I are totally broke! But we still wanted to do something nice for Vday. I decided to make a pink and red dinner for us and his mom. It wasn’t easy to think of things to make. I decided to make my favorite drink, Shirley Temple, for our beverage. Since Patrick is a diabetic and can only have diet soda, I got sprite zero. That was the only sugar free thing in the meal. I made chocolate covered strawberries tuxedo style. I dipped the strawberries into white chocolate and then after they dried into milk chocolate. I put buttons on using a toothpick. But I totally failed when I tried to make bow ties. I did two and they just looked like total blobs, that I left the rest with just buttons.



I made a vanilla cake with vanilla icing dyed pink. I used the conversation sweethearts as a border around the top and bottom of the cake. It started to split on the drive from my mom's to grandma's, but it still tasted good :)


For the real meal, I make mashed potatoes with food coloring dying it pink. I was running low on ideas by now so I decided on doing a heart shaped pizza. I got Pillsbury pizza dough. Instead of shaping it as a heart making it so much smaller, I cut the pepperoni into heart shapes. It was cute and tasted sooo good. I was surprised cause you can never be sure with store bought dough and I hadn’t tried that kind before. It was a lot of fun for me to put together.



For my gift, Patrick spent an hour and a half shoveling a parking spot for me. The snow was piled up two feet high and five feet from the curb. Most of it had turned to ice too. It was a lot of work and I appreciate it a lot.
I had also brought over a bunch of romantic movies for us to pick from to watch after dinner. We ended up watching The Pacifer with Vin Disiel that was on ABC Family. Not exactly romantic Valentine’s day movie, but I love that movie so much. Its so funny. It was a great valentines day 

3 comments:

  1. Cute ideas Kellyn! Love the pizza with heart shaped pepperonis! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Idea! The strawberries and the cake look YUMMY! How long have you known Patrick? That was a cute way to spend Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have known him for quite awhile, we have been dating for almost 2 years

    ReplyDelete