Monday, May 2, 2011

Thoughts

Its been a big week in the news and here are my thoughts

The Royal Wedding

Yes I did wake up early to watch. Early on (like weeks ago) I was annoyed by the Royal Wedding. I don’t understand why everyone is obsessed. I understand the people in the UK being obsessed, but why do we all care? Its not our country and William isn’t even the next in line for king. But the week of the wedding, there was nothing but royal wedding related shows on TLC. I watched a couple shows and found myself intrigued. So I decided to watch.
The dress- AMAZING! Loved it. So timeless. And I love love love the lace
The Ceremony- nice but long and a little boring
Bridesmaids- Pippa look gorgeous. But I was a little surprised that she wore white too but I loved her dress. And I thought it was odd that the rest of the girls were so young. Diana’s bridesmaids were all super young too so I guess it might be normal.
Kate- GORGEOUS!! I loved that she did her own make-up and she left her hair down. With millions of people watching it could be easy to go totally over the top but she stayed true to herself. And she really is so pretty! It’s a good thing because the royal family is not the best looking group of people that’s for sure.
Hats- hmmm…some were cool but most were strange and over the top
Souvenirs- ridiculus. who needs a refridgerator decal with William and Kate's faces on it? really?

Osama Bin Laden
I have mixed feelings on this. And I think that this quote from Martin Luther King Jr. sums it up best
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that"
— Martin Luther King Jr.

He was a man who did horrible things and he will certainly be judged for his actions, but it is not my place to judge him. It just feels wrong to me to celebrate the death of someone. I do believe that he should have been killed for the things that he has done, but I am not “happy” about it.
I am so grateful for our troops and everything that they do for us and I pray for their safe return home to their families. I also pray for the families that have lost a love one in 9/11 or at any part of this war.

No comments:

Post a Comment