Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bridal Shower

This past Saturday, my friend Melanie threw me a bridal shower. It was a lot of fun and I was very spoiled! It started with some food and introductions of everyone...my favorite ice cream is chocolate chip cookie dough by the way (i didnt get to introduce myself). Then Melanie passed out two pieces of paper to everyone. On one they were supposed to write a problem in an "if" statement. On the other they would write the solution in a "then" statement. They were collected in two different baskets, "ifs" togethers and "thens" together. Then I would choose one from each and read it aloud. They were funny. I learned that the solution to my problems is either go out to dinner or hide it in the closet and say i've had it for years :)

Then every table chose someone to be a bride and they would dress her up using toilet paper, streamers and coffee filters. Everyone got really into it. I cheated and used the minnie mouse viel that my mom brought back from disney instead of making one :)
My dress before i tried to walk and it fell apart
My coworker Jaimie. Her team won.

The other "brides" Camille was loving all the attention

half my dress is on the floor

Then Melanie had me sit back in the rocker and asked me some questions she had previously asked Patrick in an email. I had been to other showers where they make the bride chew a piece of gum for every question they get wrong. I was glad I didnt have to do that! But I would have been ok. I knew a lot of the answers and I didn't even cheat! I did ask Pat about the questions but all he said was that he didn't know a lot of the answers. Then he asked me if it was bad tha he can't remember our first kiss.
Alot of the answers I guessed on, but some had no clue, like what his first job was. He did ok on the questions he was asked about me. I could see why he would answer the way he did. When asked what he thought myy least favorite body part of mine is he said my legs. I do have these gross varicose viens that I have always been self-conscience about, but its not my least fave. And he doesnt know my favorite song because he hates my music so usually I play a book on cd or nothing when we are in my car. And I tend to have a song of the week.
Then it was present time. I have always loved getting presents, but its always felt weird to do it in front of a crowd of people. I dont think I give the right reactions.
With the bows, ribbons and tissue paper, Myra made the traditional hat.
It kept sliding back because the back was so heavy.
When the party was over it took three people seveal tris to get everything to the car. My trunk and backseat were completely full. Grandma had to hold one of the balloons on the way home beacuse there was no space.
I put everything in one of the bedrooms in the apartment above grandmas. The next door neighbors were grilling in the backyard as I was moving everything to the steps. They kept asking me where all the stuff was from and told me I would need all of it. I have gone upstairs everyday since just to look at everything. I am beyond exited to use it all!!!!
With the gift cards I got, I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought myself a kitchenaide stand mixer. But I decided to take it back the next day. They are $300 there and it seems like a whole lot of money to spend on something like that. Iwould use it of course but not enough to justify that price. I decided it would be smarter to buy a bunch of stuff I would use daily...like plates and bowls.
When I returned it, the guy asked for my licence to give me a store credit. Then I asked for a print out of the registry so the things i got would show up so other people wouldn't buy multiples. But I didnt want to look dumb buying things for my own bridal registry so I told them Patricks name. Then He asked if it was Katherine or Kellyn. I saidd Kellyn and he said loudly "Oh thats you"...cool. He remembered from my licence. Oh well.
I ended up getting a lot of my dishes, a shower curtain on clearance and some towels.
It really was a great shower and I have great friends!!! Thank you everyone who came:) And a HUGE thak you to Melanie Brough for putting it all together! It was perfect, the food, the decorations, the games, everything.

2 comments:

  1. You're such a sweetie-pie, it was a pleasure to attend. Get Mel to arrange your Reception-LOL!

    ReplyDelete