Wednesday, October 26, 2011

New debit card

Again! Once again, my debit card has been compromised and cancelled. This is sooooo frustrating! Its at least the third time this has happened! I got a voicemail from my bank friday nigt but didnt realize it til after the bank was closed. It didnt say much, just to call them back when I get a chance. Then that night, I went to download an app on iphone. It was a free app but itunes said there was a problem with my card. The card I have on file with them is my debit card. They asked my to enter the 3 digit number on the back of the card. I did so but it said it was wrong. I double checked it and it was right so I entered it again. Still said there was a problem. So then I re-entered all the card info and it still didn't work. Frustrated, I gave up.
The next day, I tried to buy a snack at work with my debit card, but the register said the card was declined. Now I was really frustrated, especially cause I don't carry cash. Because it was Saturday, I couldn't call my bank back to see what was going on. Patrick was going to take me to the bank Monday, but he was called into work. Tuesday I got an email asking me to call, but recieved it at 5pm and the bank was closing. So I finally called today.
She told me that she believes my card was compromised. She asked me about a couple charges. The first was only for a dollar to see if it would work. Then there was a $240 and $650 charge for somewhere in NY. So she cancelled my card and is going to send a new one...in two weeks. I am glad that my bank is so on top of this. But at the same time, this is the third time!!!
Then she said that there have been a lot of charges to shoedazzle. Yep, that was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment