Friday, November 4, 2011

Hopes

Next week migt be a wonderful yet expensive week for me and my little family of two. There is a good possibility that we will be getting a car for me and an apartment. I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up in case neither work out, but it is so hard. I am so excited!!!
Back in May or June, we were guarenteed an apartment by a friend of Pat who owns a lot of homes and apartments and leases them out. He had just bought a duplex and was going to fix it up. He told us we could have one of the apartments when it was ready. All I knew was that it would be two bedrooms, have a basement and a garage and wouldn't be ready until late fall. Come wedding day, I knew nothing more. Come last week I still knew nothing more. I was getting soooooo tired of waiting for this place. People would ask me all these questions and i had 0 answers. All i knew was what i just stated. I didn't even know the guy's name or where the place was, just that it was in marmora.
Then I found out that an apartment opened up in the same building as a really good friend from work named October. Patrick actually lived in the exact apartment that October and her husband live in when he first moved out to NJ. The apartment that opened up is just like that one but flipped around. It is two bedrooms, has a laundry room with washer and dryer a living room and kitchen. Its not huge but it is the perfect size for us. And it has two bedrooms which we wanted, one for us and one for him to play his games in. It is also in walking distance to both of our jobs, the post office, wawa, the grocery store and my fav chinese restaurant...can it get any better? Yes its available NOW and is $100 cheaper then the other place!!!
Mom and I went to see the place today and get an application. Patrick happens to know the owners and talked to the owners son about us getting the place. I cant wait for us to have a place of our own. I can't wait to get everything out of storage. I cant wait to really start a my wifely duties. I can't wait to make a life and home for us. And I am thrilled that October would just be two doors down. She is honestly one of my favorite peoplein the world and it will be fun to get to hang out together while our husbands are busy.
I promise to post whether or not we actually get the apartment. Please cross your fingers and say a prayer for us :)

On to the car...this I am really not getting my hopes up for. I have looked at so many cars and never had one work out. I got really excited last week and was 95% sure i was going to get this amazing car at an amazing deal. I got my hopes up way high and was beyond bummed to find out the car was sold. Patrick has aranged a car shopping trip in Vineland with our friend Brian. I am not getting my hopes up this time. I want a car soooo bad but I have been able to get by ok without one for this long and if we get this apt, I can walk to work. I am going to trust my husband. He knows cars way better then I do. He can spot a good deal from a "too good to be true aka tere is something wrong with this car" deal. He has been waiting and looking for the right car at the right price for our family. He is way more patient then me and I am hoping his patience and my trust turns out to be a blessing for us.
Again...cross your fingers and say a prayer



By the way...I would love to hear your opinions or thoughts on the things that I write. Please feel free to leave a comment, either here on my blog or even on my facebook page where I put up the link :)

No comments:

Post a Comment