Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Wheels

I have a car again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One of the things about Patrick is that he is one of the most stubborn person I have ever met. There is no way to make him do something that he doen't want to do before he wants to do it. And there is also no way to stop him when he puts his mind to something. So I was happy to discover that Saturday night, he wanted to go car shopping. His buddy had done some research and had a list of cars to visit. I was surprised to see that every car on his list was a ford taurus. My old car was a gold 2003 Ford Taurus, but Pat was always very vocal about his hatred of Fords. He had a big list of specific things he wanted in the car. He wanted it to be either a honda or toyota. He wanted it to either be manual transmission, or less then 100,000 miles or had the transmission replaced.
But he was fine with me getting an automatic ford with 101,000 miles on it. I had my own concerns about the car. I really wanted something either just as nice or even an upgrade. But after a month of looking, everything in our price range was a downgrade from what I had. But I soon got to the pint that I would take anything! I just wanted a car!
But I was thrilled with what we found. It is a Black 2002 Ford Taurus SES with tan leather interior. It is a year older then my older one but its a little nicer. And it has almost exactly the same milage as my old one. And I love that it is so similar. I dont have to adjust that much. And the best part is the price $2,800!!!
The guy who sold it is a used car dealer but alway keeps a car on hand at his house to sell. This car was a repo so it was a great deal and is in great condition. There are a few minor things that need tweeking. The seatbelt sensor is off so that it dings for a few minutes every so often regardsless of whether or not you have your seatbelt on. And the front passenger side door doesn't unlock automatically. But Pat says they are quick fixes
Here are some pics of the old car after the autopsy



And this is a couple pics of the new car



No comments:

Post a Comment