Monday, January 2, 2012

Fresh start

I love New Years. I am not a partier. I volunteer to close New Years Eve and open New Years Day to let the others enjoy the holiday. Except this year because New Years Day was a Sunday and i don't work Sundays. After work, I just went home and did sme Primary stuff, turned on the TV to watch the ball drop, then went to bed. I am not exciting but I love New Years. To me it is a time to reflect on the past year and start fresh and try to improve.
2011 was a good year for me. I turned 21. We opened our new store in Marmora. I got married. We moved into our own place. I grew up a lot in 2011. I think 2012 will be a good year too. I do have a few plans for 2012.

*Financial
*This will be a tough year financially for Pat and I. I am trying hard to learn to stick to a budget and spend my money wisely.
*I am going to try harder with the couponing and only buying what I need and not just buy something when it is on sale

*Family
*This year I will become an Aunt to a little baby boy
*I am going to have my family over for dinner and game night the 1st sunday of every month. They came over yesterday for my first dinner. I tried to go all out too. Tablecloth, nice centerpiece, placemats, chargers, the nice plates ect. It was fun to plan a meal and use more of my new stuff (breadmaker and pan to steam veggies). It was nice for me to serve my family and let my parents relax instead of making dinner and clean up. Mom was having trouble relaxing so she helped Pat do dishes by drying.
We toasted with sparkling grape juice and pulled these popper things. They were supposed to come apart when you pulled a string and explode confetti all over but they were all duds. Paul ripped them all open and we just shook out the confetti. Each had a paper hat, a small toy and a joke. My favorite joke was this
Which Raindeer was the cleanest?
Comet
hahahaha
Dad volunteered to vaccume the confetti. He looked silly vaccumeing the porch outside in his winter coat and paper hat. I wish i'd taken a pic.
Mom wasn't feeling well so Dad took her home and the boys stayed and played phase 10 with me. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to my next dinner.

*Church
*I am teaching a different class in Primary. I am co-teaching the older class. I am looking forward to it a lot. The kids are older and understand concepts better and are comfortable reading and can sit an listen. It will also be nice to only have to teach every other week. I will try to still look over the lesson of my off weeks in case something happens with the other teacher that week. We will be teaching about The Book of Mormon this year and I am excited for that too!
*I gave the kids the challenge of reading the entire Book of Mormon this year. If they complete the challege, I will take them out to dinner at the end of the year. I think I need that challenge as much as the kids.

*Personal
*I am going to make a bigger effort to be cleaner. I am not a very neat and organized person all the time, which I want to work on. I feel like it is my job as a wife to take care of the household. I need to put my clothes away and do the dishes.
*Drink more water. I drink soooo much soda! It needs to stop! I am going to ease off slowly though or else it will never work. I am going to try to do either one 22 oz bottle or 2 glasses/cans a day and drink water the rest of the time. Then after a while go down to one can a day then to just a soda as a once in a while treat.
*take more pictures- I have been doing alright at keeping my blog updated. As I have said before, it feels more like a journal to me. When I look back and read through my memories it would be nice to see pictures to go with them.
*Make more of an effort to look good- I not trying to sound conceided or anything, but I can be pretty when I try and I think I need to try a little more often. I got into the habit of waking up 20 min before I had to leave the house and just throwing on whatever and putting my hair in a pony tail and going out the door. I am going to try to do my hair and make-up more often. With my hair shorter, it doesn't take as long to do.
*There are some other things I am going to try to work on that are a little too personal to post on a blog

*Other
*get a puppy-I want one sooooooo bad you have no idea!!!! But I dont think it will happen this year, but i can dream :)
* have a baby- just kidding! that is one thing I can def say will NOT happen in 2012 for me, but Audra will become a mommy
* Desperate Housewives last season wraps up this year :( I am going to have to find another favorite TV Show
* Our four year aniversary as a couple will be in April, But our One year aniversary of marriage will be in Spetember!


2012 Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment