Tuesday, February 14, 2012

V-day

People are vey passionate with thier feelings towards Valentines Day I've noticed. Either positive or negative. A lot of people complain about it. A lot of people say its just a hallmark holiday. People say its dumb.People say that you should love your significant other everyday and not just on Valentines Day.
I agree with some of those points, but I still love Valentines Day. I like to think of it as a day to celebrate love. What could be wrong with that? As a child, I loved passing out valentines in school and reading all the ones I recieved. I learned how to write my name because of Valentines Day, signing all the cards for my schoolmates. And as I have grown older, I still love Valentines Day.
I do agree that you should absolutely show love to your significant other everyday. But it is easy to get caught it a rut, busy doing everyday chores. Valentines Day to me is a nice reminder of love. Its a day set a side for love. And I don't think that flowers, candy and teddy bears are the only way to show someone you love them. Just spending the day togther and doing things together is the best way to show love in my opinion.
So Happy Valentines Day everyone!!! I love my freinds and family! I am grateful for all that you do for me everyday! Anyway, I am off to the gynocologist...great way to spend Valentines Day right! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment