Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wife

Over the past few months, I have realized how great a wife and mother my mom is. She is so organized. Growing up, she would make a menu of dinners for two weeks in advance. Then from that create a shopping list. Saturdays mornings 6:30 am, she and I would be leaving the house to go to shop rite. She had all the housework planned and would always make sure it was done. The house was always clean and organized. She hardly ever left the kitchen.
Once I left the house and was on my own, I could do things my own way. I could clean if or when I wanted to. I could eat whatever and whenever I wanted. I fell out of all of those good habits. I figured that when I was married, I would go back to being organized and tidy.
Well, I have been married for over 5 months and I am severly lacking in this aspect of my life. As a wife, I feel like it is part of my job to maintain the house, keep it clean and do the cooking. I thought it would be easy to get back into that habit, that it would come naturally. But it hasn't.
I have realized that I am kind of a bad wife. I am failing in these wifely duties. Patrick never complains. He has occasionally gotten frustrated at my disdain of doing the dishes. He really is sweet though. There is so much I do or don't do that he could be annoyed at but he hardly ever says a word.
I want to do better though. I want to be a good wife. I want to have a clean organized house. I want to be more like my mom. So I typed up a chore list for myself. Everyday of the week has a different job, except Sunday. I mentioned it to Pat yesterday. He was nice about it, assuring me that I do a good job and that it is not just my responsibility to make sure things get done. Then he went and did that day's chore and vaccumed the house for me. Its the little things like that, that make me love him more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment