Thursday, March 15, 2012

Embarrassing

This week's Throwback Thursday story is from almost four years ago and sorry there is no picture. But readers discretion is advised, especially for males.
Patrick and I had just started dating. We went to the mall with two of his buddies. Afer walkng around a little, we went to dinner at Applebees. I was wearing a cute dress I had just got and it was the first time I wore it out. After dinner, I ran to the ladies room to discover that I had gotten my period...all over the back of my dress. I had no clue what to do.
There was no way I could hide it. Here I am out with a guy I like and two of his friends I barely know. But I do know that they are merciless teasers. So I just stayed in the bathroom for a good 10 minutes, mortified. I knew I couldn't just stay in the bathroom for the rest of the night. I had to face them.
When I left the bathroom, Pat was waiting by the door worried. He asked if I was ok. In response, I took a deep breath and just turned around. He was so sweet about it. He told me to hold my purse behind my back and walked directly behind me to block people's view. When we met up with the other guys, Pat told them I needed to stop at store and they stayed at the car talking while I ran in to Joyce Leslie to get a whole new outfit. Since I had been wearing a dress, I needed both pants and a shirt.
I am a slow shopper. It takes me a while to find something I like and turns out I was in the store for a good 45 min at least. But Pat never said a word. And no one said anything about me coming out of the store wearing a cmpletely different outfit.
I loved the way he handled the situation. To this day, I don't know if his friends ever had a clue. Pat has never brought it up to me to try to tease, embarrass or make fun. This is just one of the many times that I have sat back and thought, wow I really do have a great guy. Most guys I know get very squeamish and grossed out when it comes to "womanly issues." ButPat was sweet and sensitive about it
Boy, do I love that man

No comments:

Post a Comment