Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Antonia

Last month's book club book was My Antonia picked by Julie Penrod. I am sorry to say that once again, I have not finished the book, but for different reason then last time. Last time the book was so long an intimdating and was hard to understand the begining. This book however was the opposite. It was a unintimidating 200 pages, but had no story, no plot, no climax.
I would literaly fall asleep every time I tried to read it. Patrick had to wake me up one night while I was "reading" because the timer for dinner was going off. It wasn't a bad book. I just thought it was boring. I think it is a book for people who like to search deep for meaning and symbolism, and for people who like landscape and farming. But people who like adventure and love and stories and mystery and "I just can't put it down because I need to know what happens next" kind of books, pass on this one! haha
For this next month, I picked the book, Tennis Shoes among the Nephites, by Chris Heimerdinger. It is the first of a series that I love. I may have slightly broke the rules by picking a book I have already read, but I want to pick a book that I love and that I am 80% sure that the others will like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment