Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleu

What's for dinner tonight? I really wanted to put a frozen pizza in the oven and take a nap, but since I hadn't been home for dinner in almost two weeks, I decided to make my hubby dinner. After checking the fridge to find out what I had that needed to be used up I decided to make Chicken Cordon Bleu. In the past, I had just wrapped a chicken breast around a mozzerella cheese stick and ham, put it n the oven and done. This time I did it a little differently. I didn't have full chicken breasts. I had chicken tenders, like half a chicken breast. So i cut the cheese sticks into thirds so it was the same width of the chicken. I wrapped them as usual but then coated it in melted butter then in bread crumbs. Throw that in the oven at 350F. I found a recipe for a sauce to go with it but I did it differently than the recipe. They said to heat up a can of cream of chicken soup wih half a cup of sour cream and two tablespoons of lemon juice. Then drizzle it over the cooked chicken. I didn't hav any lemon juice and i only had a little bit of sour cream. After the chicken had been in the oven for 30 minutes, I mixed half a can of cream of chicken soup and the little bit of sour cream that I had. I put it in around the chicken in the pan and put it back in the oven for 15 more minutes.
I must say it was pretty dang good! Patrick, who really isn't a fan of chicken, asked for seconds, so I know this was a success. I liked that they were smaller than usual. And the sauce made the chicken more tender and flavorful. I totally recomend this. I like when I stray a little from recipe and the food turns out great. That isn't always the case. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment