Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pogs

I realize that Throw back Thursday ends in one hour so I will make this quick...
When Pat's Aunt came to visit, she dropped off a box of some of his old things. I moved it out of the kitchen yesterday when i was mopping and saw a container inside. I opened it to see if I was seeing things right...yep, inside there were POGS!!!


Do you guys remember them? I was in like 2nd or 3rd grade when those were popular. We would even play them during gym class. For those who don't remember, they were little carboard-lke circle with pictures on them. You would stack them up and take turns throwing the "slammer" at them. The ones that landed face up when it was your turn to throw the slammer, were yours. The game ended when there were no more left. The person with the most wins. You could either play for keeps or not.

Fun times! Now a days kids are all into electronics and video games. I am not sure that they would appreciate pogs. Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment