Monday, May 28, 2012

Change


“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”
― Eckhart Tolle

“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.”
― Lao Tzu

“You're always you, and that don't change, and you're always changing, and there's nothing you can do about it.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book


“When people are ready to, they change. They never do it before then, and sometimes they die before they get around to it. You can't make them change if they don't want to, just like when they do want to, you can't stop them.”
― Andy Warhol, Andy Warhol in His Own Words

Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don't.”
― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

“I have accepted fear as part of life – specifically the fear of change... I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back....”
― Erica Jong

I am not really a fan of change. There have been a lot of times that I wanted a change but when it comes down to it, I don't want to follow through. But some change is inevitable. When change actually happens, I adjust rather well/quickly. I think the thing I really love and hate about change is the unknown. I look forward to change because I don't know exactly what will happen. I can fantasize about the best, most perfect senarios. So I look forward to those changes, hoping that the things I dream of come true. Then when the change approaches for real, I realize that the chances of my fantasies coming to life are unlikely and I begin to fear the change, not knowing what is going to happen. Once the change occurs, I realize that it really isn't so bad and I get comfortable and begin to dream of the next big step.

The change that has recently happened is a promotion at work. I start tomorrow as an assistant manager in a different store. I had been ready for a change at work for awhile, But now that it is happening I am kind of scared. It is a lot more responsibility. I don't know anyone I will be working with. I have met and spoken with a few of my new co-workers but I really dont know them. I am young and worry that people won't take me seriously as an assistant manager. The store is set up differently than what I am used to. And it is a long drive from my house in a town I know nothing about. I know that there will be traffic going there but I don't know how bad it gets. I am scared I will be late a lot because i timed the commute wrong. And I worry that the friends I have made at my other store will forget about me, not include me in their get-togethers because they don't see, talk to, or work with me much anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I am excited to be promoted! And I know that it is something that Pat and I need. And I know I will do just fine and everything will work out they way that it is supposed to. I am just in the "freak out" stage of this change. One good thing is that this major change brings me one step closer to making the next major life change that I am most excited for...a baby. Pat an I want to wait until we are on our feet financially and have some savings. This promotion almost doubles what I am currently making and brings us one step closer to our financial goals.

1 comment:

  1. Ok Girl you will be just fine!!! I am very proud of you. The crew you will be working with are great friendly people, and yes they will take you seriously. You will not get lost its a straight drive, Ill even let you borrow my gps for the first couple of weeks!!!1 You will be great and will get on your feet to have that baby!! I need anothe event to plan. And pool is open Im right around the corner from that store so keep a bathing suit in your car...Open inventation always you know that!!!!I did leave open invite for Monday at the store 3 weeks ago I should have followed up on that, Good luck with everything you just have cold feet!! Now me you Jaimie and Alyssa can do things together were all in different stores its gonna be a good summer

    ReplyDelete