Friday, July 6, 2012

Baby Caiden

Finally Baby Pictures!

I flew out to Idaho on June 10th. I had two layovers and with both, I had less then 15 minutes between landing and boarding the next flight. It was crazy stressful but I made it! Luckily I went to the bathroom and grabbed food (Auntie Anne's) before leaving Philly because there was no time to stop.
7am too early for soft pretzels? no way!


Holding baby after I arrived

He is so dang cute

He hates the bath, cries the whole time, but is happy again as soon as he is out and dry.

My clothes totally don't match because he peed on me and this is the shirt that was clean and I didn't feel like changing my pants too. He peed on me three different times during my trip

Mommy went to school to take a test
So Caiden and I hung out on campus

obviously thrilled at the idea of going shopping. We went to Idaho Falls to look for an outfit for his blessing. He fussed a lot so Audra ended up buying a carrier so she could hold him and still shop

I thought that it was funny that she didn't take it off while driving


After shopping we went to Famous Daves, baby's first restaurant. He did so good.


IsIsn't that the CUTEST face you ever saw! I love that little guy!


The Fam

Mommy and Baby

Right before I left

The night before I flew home, I stubbed my toe on the baby swing. It hurt like heck, but I just went to bed. In the morning, it still hurt like crazy and it was starting to swell and bruise. Audra suggested I wrap it up in guaze to help pad it from me bumping it on things. When I took the padding off after ariving home in NJ this is what I found
Moral of the story...beware of baby swings! They are dangerous!

So many have asked...Has this trip made me want to have a baby more/right away? Or has it totally put me off of having a baby? And the answer is...neither. It really just made me feel at peace at where I am at and where I am going.
I got to see and be apart of both the good and bad of having a newborn. I took my turn waking up in the middle of the night with the baby. The whole time I was thinking, I could totally do this for real. But I was at the same time thinking, I am glad that I can sleep at night.

I know that one day, I will be a mom, I just don't know when. And I know that when that time comes, I will be a great mom. But in the mean time, I am happy to enjoy this time alone with my husband. I am glad that I have a chance to get used to and adjust to this marriage and living together before throwing in a baby. And I am glad that I can sleep. I am glad that I have time to prepare physically, mentally, emotionally and financially for a baby. But I am still looking forward to having a baby for sure! For the first time I can honestly say that I am happy either way. If I was to find out tomorrow I was pregnant, I'd be thrilled. If we wait another year, I am still really happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment