Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Coupon Win

I have blogged about couponing before (See post here) I love a good deal. And I do coupon. But I make sure to only clip coupons of products that I will really use. Then I use them when there is a good sale on the product. I don't go out of my way to get coupons or check sales. Some people spend hours and hours planning their trips, yea thats so not me. But I did ridiculously well last night and just had to share my deals!

I got everything pictured for all of $0.38!!! Yes it is true! How you might ask? It took me two transactions at CVS.

Transaction one
1. CVS has a deal this week where if you spend $30 of select P&G items, you get $10 in extra bucks. Earlier in the week, I bought 4 things of lipstick that was part of the deal. 2 for $12 but I had a $5 off when you buy two coupons so it was $3.50 each for 4 and then I had a $2 off coupon for one. So I got 4 lipsticks for $12. But the P&G sale doesn't count your coupons so even though I paid $12, it registered as $24 leaving me $6 away from getting my $10 coupon back. To complete my $6, I got Charmin Basic Toilet paper 12 count on sale for $5.88 (reg $9.49) and Dawn dish soap $0.96 (reg 1.99) and earned $10EB

2. Another sale is that if you buy $10 of Hersheys you get $3 extrabucks back. I had bought $7.50 worth earlier (paid less with coupons) so I only need $2.50 more. So I bought a 12 oz. bad of York peppermint patties on sale for $3 (regularly $4.69) and earned $3EB

3. One more sale to get extrabucks was buy two Nyquil/Robitussin products, get $3 EB. I had bought one earlier so only needed one more. The smallest size Robitussin was on sale for $4.99 (reg $6.99). I had a $3 off any Robitussin so I got it for $1.99 and earned $3 EB

4. I had $14 of quarterly EB. When you use your CVS card, it keeps track of how much you spend. At the end of each Quarter, you get back 2% of your spending as Extrabucks. Because I spend so much money there, I got $14 EB.

To get my total up to $14 so I could use my extra bucks, I added these deals.

5. All laundry detergent gell packs on sale for 2 for $7 ($3.50 each, regularly $7.99). and I had a $1.00 off coupon so it cost me $2.50 for one.

6. Centrum flavor burst multi-vitamins 60 ct. on sale for $6.99 (reg $8.99). I had a manufacturer coupon for $3 off and a cvs coupon for $3 off any vitamin. So they cost me $0.99.

7. If you shop at CVS often, invest in a green bag tag. It cost a dollar to buy it. Then scan it everytime you check out and bring your own bag, or dont take a bag. You can scan it once a day. Every four times you scan it, you get a $1 EB coupon. It pays for iteslef in four uses and earns you much more! I had $1 EB earned from this to use towards this transaction too.

So Transaction One with all the coupons, I paid $0.38 with $39.80 in savings and got $16 in EB which i used in the very next transaction

Transaction 2

1. Pringles (Pat's latest fav snack food) on sale 4 for $6. I had a $1 off coupon when you buy 4 so it was $1.25 each (reg $1.99).

2. All Laundry detergent (liquid) on sale 2 for $7. I had a $2 off when you buy 2 making it $2.50 each (reg $7.99)

3. Tresseme hair products on sale 2 for $7 ($3.50 each reg $5.79). I had a manufacturer coupon buy one shampoo or conditioner, get a styling product free and a store coupon for $2 off so I spent $1.50 for both a shampoo and styling product.

4. Poland Spring Water on sale for $3.88 (reg $5.99)

After my extrabucks and coupons this transaction was totally FREE!!!

So I win!!!! Best of all, it is all stuff I needed/use all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment