Saturday, October 13, 2012

Creamy Cheesy Potatoes

One of my goals has been to really try and do the things I see on Pinterest. I am trying to do one thing a week. Last night it was a new recipie, Creamy Cheesy Potatoes. I wanted to make it Thursday night, but when I went grocery shopping, I forgot my list. And of course the one item on the list I forget is a main part of the recipie. It was already 6:30 by then. If I went back to the store, I get home probably around 7 and after prep and baking dinner wouldn't be ready until 8:30. So I said screw it and made some noodles. But Friday night Creamy Cheesy Potatoes was amazing!!!

The original link to the recipie is here
her picture:


Here you go, this is for a 9×13 glass baking dish, I didn't measure anything as I went. My notes are in italics



Ingredients:

About 5 – large potatoes (enough to fill dish)
1 pint whipping cream- 2 cups (Can substitute half and half to make a little healthier but I didn't)
Salt and Pepper I consider optional and skip most of the time I cook
2 tsp. Parsley flakes (I skipped)
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
(I added some ham to make it more of a meal than a side dish. Cooked pork or chicken would be good too)

Directions:
Cut your potatoes into thin french fry strips, and lay the fries, in a 9×13″ glass pan. I meant to add my ham here before the cream and cheese, but I forgot until the end and just layered cheese ontop and bottom of ham

Pour the cream over the top of the fries. Salt and pepper.

Sprinkle Cheddar Cheese over the top. Sprinkle Parsley flakes on top of the cheese.

Cover with foil, and poke a fork through the top of the foil, 2 or 3 times to allow a little steam to escape. This way, your cream doesn’t boil over into your oven! I just followed her instructions next to the pictures and it never mentioned poking holes in the foil but luckily it didn't boil over. She also suggested to spray the inside of the foil so that the cheese on top wouldn't stick to foil when uncovering

Cook at 400 degrees for about 1 hour, 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Place your oven rack in the middle of the oven. During the last 15 or 20 minutes of baking lower your rack one more step. This makes the bottom of your potatoes, brown and crispy.

my pics never seem as pretty as the ones on Pinterest



Inconclusion: Super Yummy. Super Fattening. Super Easy. Overall its a win. Pat couldn't really eat it though which was a bummer. He LOVES ham and potatoes but his blood sugar was high and potatoes (high carbs) is the worst thing he could eat for a high. But luckily I left him some leftovers

Perfect meal for curling up in bed and reading





No comments:

Post a Comment