Sunday, March 3, 2013

Update

Sorry I have been completely MIA from this blog lately!
So here is whats gone down since December.
The whole family came for Christmas so I took the week off work


We visited the Herr's Chip Factory, Shady Maple Smorgasbord and Longwood Gardens


 
Caiden liked the pinwheel at the store under the Smorgasbord

For Christmas, I wasn't expecting anything gift wise because a month or two before, mom and dad bought me 4 new tires for my car. But they surprised me and gave us a $1,000 gift card to Raymour and Flannigan for a new couch. I couldn't believe it! And surprisingly Pat and I had no problem deciding on a new couch. I thought we would have a hard time agreeing because we have very different tastes and styles but we both fell in love with this one.
In the store

the gross nasty old couch shoved against the wall to make room for the new one

Also this Christmas I won $1,000 of a scratch off I was given. I was given two, one from my boss and one from my mother-in-law. The first was a dud and this was a winner! It was funny cause I had never gotten one and thought I was reading it wrong so I handed it to Pat and he had some choice words :)

In January, for New Beginnings we had a shoe/high heel theme. I asked mom to help me make these high heel cupcakes. We had a lot of fun and they were a hit! of course being the perfectionist that I am, I was bummed to run out of vanilla frosting and had to use chocolate for the sole. I wish I could have piped around the sole in the color of frosting to match the cupcake base.
Before the drive, I was nervous about driving with them so we set them up at church

I also hosted a Murder Mystery Party in January. I invited some couples from church that I thought Pat would get alone well with. I want him to get to know the guys better so that he feels more comfortable going to church stuff
It was a blast! I am gearing up to host another soon! Everyone I want to invite keeps going out of town!
The murder scene I set up outside, I forgot to take a pic of the table, I set it up real cute!

The gang all dressed in character, Pat is missing cause he took the pic.

In February, our roommate moved out so we have our home back to ourselves which has been great for our relationship. I was getting a little bitter towards the end there. Before, that was our guest room and the other room was my room/ the junk room. Now I am going to turn the little room into my room and have the other room as a junk/storage room because having someone live with us for 6 months when I only agreed to 2 months has made me not want to have anymore guests! If I must they can chill in the twin bed in the junk room!

So that's that!

No comments:

Post a Comment